Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Saturday, September 20, 2003

I'm stuffed! For merienda, I ate 3 slices of pizza with thick, cheese-filled crusts. For dinner, I can see from this angle that we have spare ribs and pasta. I think I'm eating late tonight. Saturday morning was okay. Work as usual. I liked the applicant that I interviewed. Her name is Rachel, and she came from eTelecare. Currently, she's a dubber for anime programs, same as Lennard. Funny thing is she knows Lennard, and he was the one who invited her to join our company. Small world.

Lunch was good. Tina ordered Chinese food for the team. After work, Tonichi and I went to Megamall to comic shop (yay!). Eunice and Roden rode with us to Mega. They're such a cute couple! They were already together, even before joinin' PS. Now they work together hehe.

Bad news. Due to that restriction thing with certain comic titles, I wasn't able to get Masters of the Universe: Rise of the Snake Men. I got the latest installment of "The Draco" tho, for the Uncanny X-Men. Can't wait to read and see if Polaris is indeed Magneto's daughter! I also got Emma Frost #3. Funny, 'coz while Tonichi and I chatted with the salesladies, turned out they read comics too! They started readin' with Emma Frost and Namor hehe. We went to Globe soon after 'coz Tonichi had to pay his bill. Tonichi's a funny guy, it was his first time to pay using the automated teller! For someone who's highly technical, it sure took him a long time in paying (and not because there was a line, hehehe). At Toy Kingdom, we saw the X-Men Legends and Marvel Urban Legends boxed sets! I liked the Rogue fig and the maskless Wolvie fig as well. Can't buy them at this point, tho. Then Ninoy texted me that the Goliath fig was available at Greenhills for P1,900!!! Argh! I think it wouldn't be too practical to pay that amount for something that was priced at P375 originally.

Hmmm. Readin the paragraphs I just typed, I guess I come off as some clueless materialistic dork. Hehehe :P Have I changed that much? If blogs existed back when I was in high school, I prolly would have come up with a piece with much introspection. Chalk it up to the "A-boy" upbringing, hehehe. There are days (or even months) when I just wanna ramble and act shallow. Hmmm. Is it really an act? :P

Anyways, I'm stayin' home tonight. Come home soon, Cathy Buena.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home