Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Friday, September 19, 2003

It's... a... Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night was pretty surreal. After work, I asked James (my childhood pal) to accompany me to Santolan to check out some cards and comic books for sale. The seller had a lot of really cool card collections for sale, but I didn't have much cash on hand so I just picked out some comic books instead. Cool buys include a Spider-Man Blast From the Past Annual, Ben Reilly as Spider-Man books, and James got some of Jim Lee's Fantastic Four run.

The weird part was the discussion afterwards. Turns out the guy (Jersy Co) is, for lack of a more appropriate term, a spiritual motivator. Like James, he's a Christian as well, so he had a lot of very interesting insights to share. The discussion lasted for a long time, and Jersy had a lot of questions that would just stop and make you think. I've been really busy with work, so it's been a long time since I stopped just to think and contemplate. I'm glad I had the opportunity to do that last night. It's Cathy I talk to whenever I take stock of what's happenin' in my life. With her absence, I guess I haven't been doing much introspection (add to that a very busy work schedule, hehehe)

Ah well. Off to do some interviews! Can't wait for the day to end, as Ninoy told me that the boxed sets of both X-Men and Marvel Urban Legends are out on the market! Gotta go see these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home