Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Sunday, September 28, 2003

"Sportscar! 'Yung red!"

Bwahaha! This commercial cracks me up each time I see it. I also like the Karaoke AdCongress commercial. "All we can say is... sorry." Hehehe.

I heard "I'm Still Here" by Vertical Horizon again on the radio. Really like this song. Gee... I really miss my best friend. Still not used to it. I remember her each time I hear a Plumb song. Or a senti song like "I'm Still Here." But then again, she isn't.

My tumtum aches. I think I ate too much. Spare ribs with suka. Yummy! And then we had lunch at Gilligan's Island in Makati 'coz it wuz Lola Tinay's 89th birthday. I had 2 cups of garlic rice, calamaris, SISIG!!!!, lechon kawali, and blue marlin barbecue. Then my fave mango ref cake for dessert. It wuz weird seeing my relatives again. They just look older and older each year. Mico is 14 already. 14!!! He used to be a baby! It wasn't so long ago that I was 14... I can still remember some memories attached to that age. Yet I haven't been 14 in over a decade!

Before lunch, I went to Power Plant in Rockwell. Lotsa new comics!!! No money hehe. Then I ran into Tina in Glorietta. She shared a really nice story 'bout her mom. I'm very happy for her :)

After lunch, I went to Book Sale. I was able to buy Flash (including Blitz part 1 - great Reverse Flash origin issue) and some books I read when I wuz a kid ("The Black Pearl," "How to Eat Fried Worms" and "Sheila the Great" by Judy Blume). The last book I've always wanted to read when I was a kid but I couldn't find it anywhere. Funny finding it now. I enjoyed her other books when I was a kid ("Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and "Superfudge"). I also liked her adult novel "Summer Sisters" which I got in Baguio when I was there with Mai and Vera early this year. Then I went to the usual stores I go to each time I go out. Filbars, Powerbooks and Fully Booked. At Fully Booked, I bumped into Xavier, Rico and Kit. Rico told me that "Schism" in X-treme X-Men is good, so I'll try and read it soon.

Yesterday, I went to Greenhills with James. I was able to find a replica issue of Batgirl's 1st appearance. There are so many new games that I wanna buy, but I know that even if I buy 'em, I wouldn't have the time to play with them. Then James got another set of Cds from Francis. He was so excited about the latest Chicane album!!!

This week's gonna be so stressful. I can forsee it. From Monday to Saturday, we're going to have another "Open House/Job Fair" and I'll be doin' test admin again. I'm gonna be tired at the end of each day. This coming Sunday's gonna be fun tho, 'coz at church, Dad invited the street kids that they're teaching. I was touched by what he said this evening.

"I want you to be there. I know that you wouldn't just tolerate them and that you'd enjoy mingling with them - - never mattered to you."

Wow.

I suddenly missed teaching street kids back when I was with CLC (Christian Life Community). And Tulong Dunong. RIP Father O' Brien. He wuz our class adviser back in 4th Year.

Friday, I watched the San Miguel Orchestra in Podium with TinTin, Erik and Eunice. They were really good! They even sang "Mr. Suave" hehehe. We also ate at Thai in a Box. Yumyum!

My fave lines from "I'm Still Here:"

Maybe tonight it's gonna be alright
I will get better
Maybe today it's gonna be okay
I will remember

It's rainin' really hard. I love sleeping in this weather :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home