Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Tuesday evening. Adobo for dinner. The sauce's really thick so the meat's really juicy and tender. Before leaving for Boston, Cathy loaned me her FRIENDS Vcd collection. I've been watching some episodes for the past few days and it's been a lot of fun! Last night, I watched the events leading to Monica and Chandler's wedding, including the wedding itself.

Wow...

It's cool seeing how the two got together. Cooler still to see their relationship progress and evolve into an end product neither of them expected. For some people, attraction can be developed, and as it was with Monica and Chandler, friendship would serve as the foundation for the romantic relationship. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen to me. I have to find the person cute first. Not to come off as superficial, but I've never been romantically attracted to someone I didn't find cute to begin with. Of course, physical appearance isn't the end-all, be-all. I would be a hypocrite tho if I didn't admit that it was a factor.

Cute by the way is very subjective, and as my friends all know, my taste is weird at times. The person doesn't have to be universally cute... I've had a few crushes which my friends find unexplainable (isn't that right, Cathy, hehe).

I also find it very hard to be myself when I'm with a crush. I clam up, act aloof, and hardly pay attention to the person. Normally, I interact with people a lot, especially in big groups and parties, but if my crush is there, I talk to everyone but my crush. My most recent ex knows this, hehe. When I first met my ex, I ignored my ex completely. Talked to everyone but my ex. Cracked jokes and smiled warmly at all but my ex. It's not intentional. It just happens. Def mech, I guess.

Hmmm... I have 2 crushes this year, which is a big improvement over having just one crush last year hehe. Unfortunately, I found out that one of 'em is taken (big rule for me, if the person's taken, hands off), and the other's prolly not interested. Hehehe. Ah well.

Goin home this evening, a painful thought hit me. This is the FIRST Christmas (well 1st since '95 hehe) which Cathy and I aren't spending together. Actually, we get together on the 24th. Then of course, it's family during Christmas Eve, after which I go to her house after noche buena.

I remember one Christmas where I went there early morning. I was so tired, I fell asleep, but not before telling Cathy to wake me up eaaaaaarrrrrlllllllyyyyy in the morning... that's 'coz I had a 6 am shift on Christmas morning! I really enjoyed goin' to work that day. I got to escape from huge family gatherings. Valid reason, I had to work after all. Spendin' Christmas with my friends at work wuz a lotta fun, and the best part was findin' out that the gift my Team Supervisor gave me wuz RECYCLED!!! My friends and I were all laughing our guts out when the card written by his relative fell from the box flap!

Sigh. I'm not looking forward to this Christmas. 1st time I'm stayin' home on the 24th. And Popoy's dating, so I can't trick him hehe. I'm happy Popoy finally found someone. Who'd have thought, 'coz the two are complete opposites hehehe. Cathy, does it snow in Boston? Send me some, ayt?

I still can't believe that the X-Men's new member, Xorn, is really Magneto. Wonder how many saw that coming. I sure didn't. And he's been hiding under the X-Men's noses the whole time. The countdown to issue #150 has begun. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

And Polaris is really Magneto's daugher... this is unbelievable!!! That scene where people she knew were dying left and right in Genosha, and her inability to do anythin' 'bout it... no wonder she went loco! She just heard their screams and shouts without knowin' who to save first.

People... just... died...

And X-Corporation in Los Angeles. I read somewhere that Sunspot's leading this team. Can't wait for the next issues!!! I got Wildguard #1 early this Evening. I'll read it tonight before goin' to bed.

Today was somewhat nostalgic. I did test admin again after not doing it for the longest time!!! I love welcoming applicants and making them feel comfy and less nervous. I hate it when people fail the exams :( I know nothing I say can make them feel better, but I try. I can't believe I administered exams at my office for one full year! It used to be a part of my daily routine. It wuz fun doin' it again :)

I missed TinTin at work today. That's two days in a row, 'coz she had the job fair at Shangri-La to go to.

Popoy texted me and said I better join 'em on Saturday. I haven't seen the two for the longest time. I'm a lil lazy to go out... I texted back "I'll try," or somethin' to that effect, hehehe. Standard "AL" response.

I ordered the complete set of Final Fantasy 8 figures for next payday. Talk about retro hehe.

It's been a good day. Can't complain. Runnin' low on cash, tho. How come I had more money when I wuz in a relationship? Oh right, I'd sacrifice some of my hobbies so we'd have money to go out. Hehehe.

Tomorrow, we're halfway through the week. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home