Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Garlic Cheese Please

I really like that new Jollibee Garlic Cheese Yumburger.

I had dinner with Kuya Rally at Jollibee Megamall. Afterwards, we went to Starbucks Emerald. I didn't order anything anymore 'coz I wuz full.

I really enjoy hangin' out with old friends 'coz pretensions don't exist. You just hang out, knowing full well that you aren't bein' judged or anything. I remember when Kuya "Conio" and me were job hunting years ago, we stopped by Wil's house for lunch and his maid mistook us for a bunch of Electrolux Agents. BWA-HA-HA!

Or that time Kuya Conio wuz stopped by our subdivision's guards, and they were asking for his license but he didn't want to give it 'coz the sign said "surrender your ID" (or wuz that the other way around), and he blocked our subdivision gate and I had to go there and pick him up.

Or when he just got back from the States, and we were at Megamall, and he fought with the parking guard and shouted "ta-tanga-tanga" in his unmistakably genuine American accent.

Or his stories about the time when he 1st got back from the States, he had a yaya that carried all his groceries for him!

Conio's stories are legendary anecdotes that keep popping up over beer and coffee sessions! I even remembering Wil telling my boss Rozl these stories back when I celebrated my birthday some years ago.

Kuya Conio wuz such a brat! And yet, ever since we started working years ago, he started changing. He became more responsible, lived independently, took pride in his job and got promoted (again!) 2 months ago! And he's in a serious relationship once more, one that seems really healthy and promising.

Yay! The best part of the evening was when he told me that he was happy. :)

About time, kuya! You deserve it :)

* * *

I saw my PS batchmate Ia again today. I missed her :) She gave me a Snickers Bite-Size bar that came from our other batchmate, Ida's BF hehehe :P And ChrisP had this funky rainbow headgear on today. Really funny, that made me laugh.

And... I got... hehehe. Secret. Something good happened at work today before I went home. Something I did NOT expect at all. It'll be formal by Monday :) TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!

Oh, and I got a rare Spider-Woman comic at Booksale awhile ago. Siryn's 1st appearance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home