Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Had a weird dream last night. Best friend Cathy was in it, and so was my ex (the most recent one). In it, my ex was kissing Alvin, but the weird thing was I didn't find it strange at all. The next part had me with tears in my eyes, 'coz I was so happy to see Cathy. I also knew that our time was limited. It was so surreal, like I knew that it was a dream so I wanted to savor the moment. In it, Cathy and I ate at a Burger Machine stand and we were just together. No words. It was enough that we were together again. It was really dark, like I knew that I wuz gonna wake up. And I did soon after.

Woke up early this morning 'coz I went to church with my family. It was One Faith's 8th Anniversary. I went to Megamall soon after to get the Universe X Tpb that I bought from Willy through Bidshot. I also late lunch at Jollibee. They had these new burgers, garlic cheese and chili con carne (the latter I prolly bought to satisy the craving wrought by eating at Burger Machine in the middle of my dream). These burgers tasted good with the strawberry-flavored Jolly Shake as my drink. I wonder how those pocket pies taste. I saw 'em on a poster while waiting for my turn. They seem really good. I also saw some yummy desserts at Greenwich Pizza. Gotta try those next time.

I also bought some comic books from Filbars - New X-Men #147, New Mutants #5, Masters of the Universe starring Tri-Klops (my fave villain back when I was a kid), and Exiles #34, which featured a love interest for Sunfire! For the uninitiated, Sunfire's a female super-hero named Mariko Yashida who's attracted to girls. Based on the cover, I think her love interest is Spider-Girl. Reminds me of that issue where she came out to Morph hehe. Can't wait to read these after I blog.

Saturday was very tiring. The usual overtime. I had 3 very good candidates... I passed 'em all! I think they'd make good reps. Edna, Jeannie and Lino. I hope that they make it all the way. I stayed at the office 'till 5pm. When I went down, I had a nice surprise waiting for me. I saw Tezza and Lod!!! I haven't seen those 2 in the longest time, and they're both some of the nicest and funniest people at work!

I was right with the week being extra-hectic. With the open house job fair, I was stressed from morn 'till night! The up-side was seeing my batchmate Yeli and some of my former applicants over at JG. They seem to be doin' good and some are even supervisor trainees already! Chester wuz even nice enuff to lend me his Charmed VCDs! I really like it over at JG. I always have lunch at the small interview room 'coz it isn't too cold there and the view's really nice. Perfect for introspection and some quiet time alone. The open house job fair's been extended to next week. I really hope a lot of apps pass next week...

Friday wuz really fun! After work (and overtime hehe), I went straight to Powerplant! Yay! I love going to Fully Booked, I can stay there for hours even without buying anything. I bought X-Men: Phoenix Rising. I remember reading this back in 1985. Back when there was no Internet, rumors spread by word of mouth. My classmates were saying that Marvel was bringing back Jean Grey. When they did, I was floored! Here was an X-Man before my time (she "died" even before I started collecting comic books) and now I would get to see her in action! It wuz kewl the way they built up the suspense, with the last page of the 1st chapter showin' Jean Grey trapped in a cocoon, visible only to readers and not to the Avengers. As a kid, I remember shouting "look back, look back" to the Avengers hehe. The 2nd chapter had Jean Grey break free of the cocoon and battle the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. It also showed what really happened on that fateful eve where Jean disappeared and Phoenix was born. The last chapter had her friends' reaction to her return. Unfortunately, Jean's return shattered whatever hope Scott (Cyclops) had of fixing his marriage with Madelyne Pryor. Very nostalgic reading, even if I hate hate HATE character resurrections. :)

Welp, time for me to go and read my comics! But I gotta go check out Friendster 1st, hehe :P Survivor tonight, yay!!!!!!!!! Nice song in the background. "Boys Don't Cry" by Plumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home