Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Saturday, October 18, 2003

It's a Friday well-spent.

Morning was filled with interviews (as always hehe). Before Lunch, Ruel passed by to give me my much awaited X-Men: Crossroads - X-Men go to outer space to try and rescue their mentor Professor X. Meanwhile, Rogue and Magneto enter the Savage Land to battle Polaris' crazed sister, Zaladane! Awright!!! Finally!!!

Then in the afternoon, I was able to accomplish a lot for Comp and Ben. I was so hyper at about 5pm because... it's... COMIC NIGHT!!!

I arrived at Megamall 7:40 (traffic as always 'coz it's a freaking Friday) and met up with Tonichi. Megasale! I bumped into an ex-crush (intensity 8 back then). At Filbars, I got the latest New X-Men, Teen Titans and the controversial Avengers issue which was *supposedly* for "mature adults" only. Geez, wuts the big deal with sex in comic books. It's just implied. Give kids more credit. Not content with my stash, I went to Comic Quest and visited my fave salesladies there, Marie and Racquel. I got World's Best Comics Sampler (classic Golden Age stuff), Hulk: Beauty and the Behemoth (the love story between Hulk and Betty Banner), Hulk: Transformations and a western graphic novel. I also saw an old classmate from Ateneo (and my Chemistry project partner), Xandro. He still collects comic books, just like me! Hehehe! He gained a lotta weight... he looks like a dad already :P Hmmm... I think at this stage, I should start thinkin' bout settling down.

Brrrr. Scary. Wuts that line from Sting's song?

I will love you all my life... if you'd only be my wife...

Oh, I heard one of my fave songs awhile back...

I'm ready to spend the rest of my life... with you...

Anyways, Tonichi convinced me to try eating at Tropical Hut Hamburger (BWA-HA-HA). Surprisingly, their burger wuz very juicy and delish! Pretty pricey tho. Then I convinced Tonichi to walk with me to my car... parked all the way in Galleria. There was a sale there as well, and I got to buy X-Men: Days of Future Past (Kate Pryde of the future travels to the past and tries to rewrite history).

We also watched a way cool flick... "Freaky Friday!" I loved this movie! Funny and heartwarming at the same time (oooohhh... cliche descriptions hehe). I wuz so happy tonight! I really needed to unwind. I was so hyper and active and just havin' a great time annoying Tonichi!

And now I'm home again. I'm excited 'bout this weekend, 'coz later we have a surprise despedida party for one of our friends, and I wanna try playing Super Mario: Lost Levels on my Super NES. I just learned VERY recently, that there's a hidden World 9!!! Accessible, only if I don't use any warp zones! Bespren, I wish you were here to watch me play Mario. Remember those nights when we'd play Crash Bandicoot non-stop? We'd take turns and cheer each other and laugh? :)

How cool wuz that? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home