Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Sunday, December 07, 2003

Wedding Blooper

I was right! I'll get to the blooper in a bit.

Yesterday, our friend Lorna was wed. We saw her dad and mom give her away to an unusually dashing Kuya Weng in Naval uniform (long hair cut short, no traces of his dreadlocks, clean shaven for the first time). There was a very stirring sword salute as well. Very touching wedding, with Yeng and Poch beside me acting as wedding photographers, especially with their girlfriends having big roles in the wedding.

We were happy to see Lorna have one of her longtime wishes come true, but sad to see so many of the barkada absent. Cathy's in Boston, Joey's in New York, James is in Shanghai, Kevin, Marge and Pines weren't invited, Ana, Lindsay and Lawrence didn't make it to the church, and Amor and Ronald weren't allowed to go on leave from work.

We were also separated into 2 groups because of a seating arrangement. Saren, Gerry and I made the most of it by laughing at almost everything! We were able to meet afterwards to make plans for the Christmas party this December 20 at Yeng and Trix's house. Wish Cathy and the others were here to celebrate it with us :(

The blooper? It happened during the catching of the bouquet. Very tense moment, hordes of single women gathered around the bride. Lorna tosses the bouquet... straight up to the ceiling, as it plops to the floor seconds later :)

After the wedding, instead of going out, the barkada went home.

We ARE getting old...

Sunday Once Again

But since James is in Shanghai, I went to Greenhills alone. Just as well, I enjoy reconnecting with the rest of civilization while strolling the malls. I was able to buy some Robotech comic books on sale and a few others. In Galleria, I bought the critically-acclaimed Mr. Majestic Trade Paperback, in preparation for his taking over Superman's role as the prime protector of Metropolis come 2004.

I also craved for pancakes, so I ordered my fave Chocolate Chips Pancakes with Peanut Butter over at Pancake House. Funny too, 'coz after eating, I saw Gary Lising enter the Gary Lising store hehehe.

Oh yeah, Alvin and I went to Starbucks Pearl last Friday to catch up and stuff. Told me the details about his break-up with Mabs. The next day, we bought our gift for Lorna at Galleria. It was a "mini-me" sized water dispenser for the bedroom. We also bumped into Gerry at Starbucks. Interesting conversation about fidelity and stagnation.

Degrassi and Survivor tonight!

Christmas without Cathy in a few weeks... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home