Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Walastik

I just finished watching Brother Bear for the 2nd time, on DvD this time. I still got teary-eyed just like the 1st time.

Wow. Got irritated with my folks a few minutes ago. My mom especially. I've been spending more time in the office the past weeks. I pulled two 24-hour shifts the previous week, and this week I was lucky if I got home at midnight. It's all connected to the "computerization" of our systems, the removal of our back-up system, and the reshuffling of tasks and responsibilities. So I've been thinking of resigning. Just a thought, no concrete plans or anything, but if this continues 'till the end of June, I don't think I could take it anymore. I voiced it out to my mom, half-jokingly of course. Then a few minutes ago, dad walks out of his room and asks how I am and if I really am resigning. Tells me my mom told him. Sigh. Now it's a big deal. I tell him I just said that and I didn't really mean it. What's the big problem if I do resign? Am I not allowed to do so? Anyways, this month marks my 4th year in said company. People prolly feel the same way... 4-year itch maybe? Most of my contemporaries have left.

Do I regret not accepting the promotion to a different department? I don't think so. I still think I did the right thing. But it's getting harder to believe that every day.

And my anchor's so far away.

I chatted with bespren Cathy this morning. She said if she found a job in the States, she's staying there. That really brought my spirits down. I don't see my friends anymore. We're all so busy with our respective lives. We didn't even get together for Saren's birthday.

Speakin' of birthdays, mine's coming up. The 1st birthday (in almost a decade) that I'm not spending with Cathy. Whoopee. I'm gonna take a sabbatical. I'm renting a hotel room, bringing books and comics and my consoles and I'm "getting away from it all."

I look so ugly. I lost a lotta weight, I forget to shave most times and I badly need a haircut. The sad thing is I don't even care. My body and neck aches everyday.

I'm so lost.

Advanced happy birthday to me.

Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home