Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Sunday, June 27, 2004

3rd Anime Toycon

After attending church and eating dinner with my family, both nuclear and extended, I rushed to the Anime Toycon at the Megatrade Hall of Megamall.

I love browsing through loads and loads of toys, gadgets and comic books. Every toycon, I pick up the double-packed Scarlet Spider and Spider-Man 2099 figures. I'm a big fan of Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider. In fact, I can relate to him more than I can to Peter Parker. Maybe because Ben has lost so much, and yet he has risen to reclaim his life. I also like Miguel O' Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099. I don't buy the figs tho, 'coz they're priced at P4,500. Not a practical purchase. So I just make it a point to look at these unsold figures everytime a toycon hits Pasig.

In other news, my sister performed in this Minimoni/Morning Musume song and dance number, so I had to get this on film for blackmail purposes :)

Anyways, my first purchases included classic Legion of Super-Heroes issues: The Sensor Girl Mystery (I only have these in reprint form) and The Universo Project. I also got the New Warriors/Punisher 2-parter and the last issue of the Micronauts. I also purchased the locally-produced magazine, Seeker. I'm a sucker for glossy pages hehe. My biggest purchases included tons of Spider-Man issues, mostly those set during the Ben Reilly era! I've been looking for these stuff for years! I also had some trade paperbacks reserved (the salesgirl, Joann, was cute!), like Wolverine: Typhoid's Kiss (been looking for this too for ages) and Prime Time Hardcover. I also saw this really cool X-Men/Avengers Anniversary Book with a Hologram Cover, but it's P800.00 for such a slim comic book. Once again, not a practical purchase.

While looking at some DVDs, I noticed a glasses-wearing cutie beside me while asking the saleslday if she wuz selling Robotech DVDs. It made me yearn to be committed again. To have someone to share these moments with. To have someone to call and invite whenever, wherever.

I looked back at the 2 years that I was attached. Most of the time, my ex and my best friend Cathy would accompany me to those big comic sales held in Greenhills. They'd nag at me to hurry up and I'd smile and plead for 5 additional minutes. Then we'd buy pizza and just hang out at the food court, or just go to Cathy's place to chill. I'd excitedly open the new comics that I bought, sometimes encouraging them to take a look and see what I got. They'd politely patronize me and we'd all have a good laugh because of it. Now my ex and I will never be as close as we once were, and Cathy's still in the States. 'Till December.

=)

Balisong by River Maya

Never in my life have I been more sure,
So come on up to me and close the door.
Nobody's made me feel this way before;
You're everything I wanted and more.


s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home