Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Butterfly Effect *redux*

O........kay.

So I go to Greenhills with my sis (and yes, before you ask me if I remembered pupy... yes. I did. I guess everytime I go to Greenhills, I'll remember pupy for the rest of my life). I buy series 7 of Marvel Legends (Apocalypse, Weapon X, The Vision, Hawkeye, Centurion Iron Man and Ghost Rider). Then I check out pDVDs and luckily, I see the new stall of the girl (Amy) who I used to buy from before. I get "The Butterfly Effect," one of my fave flicks. I go home and skip to the ending which is my fave part.

This ending is one that I have never seen before.

FUCK!

One of my favorite movies has an alternate ending!!!!!!!!

Tangina, astig, and this one's way sadder than the one I saw on the big screen. Originally, Evan travels to the past where as a child, he saves the life of the woman he cares for at the expense of their love. They end up never meeting. In the pDVD, he travels even further, into his mom's womb as a fetus... and.... he... kills himself...

Shit.

Ang sakit.

This has to be one of the most painful endings I have ever watched.

Bigat.

Got the same feeling watching the endings of "Dancer in the Dark" and "Grave of the Fireflies."

And the last scenes show how the world continues without him, and how it's better for all concerned that he never existed.

I wonder how my immediate circle would change if I never was.

* * *

Following this train of thought, what point in my life would I go back to and attempt to change...

Hmmmm...

Haha, for the people who know me, my answer's no surprise.

I wouldn't get into a relationship with my 1st love. My ex of 2 years. Nope. Nu-uh.

That shattered me. It really did. So THAT's what I'll change. The greatest pain that I have ever felt will never be....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home