Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Monday, November 01, 2004

Random Thoughts

* I was very happy yesterday! I just discovered a Burger Machine stand at SeaOil, right in front of Reedley! I've always enjoyed BM as a kid, and seeing it very near my place lifted my spirts. See, I've been sick since Sunday of last week. Counting today, that would be 9 days of coughing and wheezing, complete with a raw throat. No, I haven't visited a doctor, and I haven't taken medication, although as per Alvin's suggestions, I started taking vitamins and I consider myself a massive water consumer as of Friday. Anyways, my fave at BM has always been the Double Bart Burger and Sans Rival. Now I can have breakfast after my GY shift at this BM, instead of the scary one along Shaw Blvd.

* Being sick didn't stop me from going to the malls yesterday to get my weekly stash of comic books.

X-Men: Heroes & Villains Chapter 3 - The Brotherhood of Mutants attacks the mansion. Gambit (who's blind!) and Mindee try their best to defend it. It's a relief to see Juggernaut as an X-Man through and through, and his loyalty to Havok is touching. Alex was one of the few people who believed in him and gave him a chance. The scene between Annie and Northstar was also a plus. I can't believe Sammy is really dead.

Madrox #2 - I like seeing Multiple Man back in action, and the added appearance of Guido and Rahne made the book complete! Jamie has always been a character that I could relate to (since the early 90's), so it's nice to see that in his own series, he remains very much in character. I enjoyed his self-analysis.

New X-Men: Academy X: Choosing Sides Chapter 6 - THIS I'm looking forward to each month. The art has improved and I think the story has finally hit its stride. I think Rahne likes Josh but she's stopping herself for ethical reasons, although this issue's last page made me think twice. Kevin chooses Emma and her Hellions and Jay is more than willing to trade spots with him. Interesting. I've always believed that Jay fit in more with the New Mutants and not the Hellions. Sofia and David as co-leaders? Shades of Sam and Dani!

Exiles: A World Apart - Beautiful. Galactus attacks a Skrull-infested Earth! Thunderbird sacrifices himself and falls into a coma. The most heart-rending scene would be when Nocturne hugs T-bird and mistakenly believes that they'll remain in that reality for the meantime. New member Sasquatch suddenly appears, signifying her replacement of T-bird. You can't help but flinch seeing Nocturne in denial as they begin to vanish...

* I've been missing pupy a lot this past week. I dunno why. It started when my friends and I watched "The Grudge." --sigh--

* I played Elevator Action yesterday hehehe :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home