Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Monday, December 27, 2004

Last Night/Awhile Ago...

Just got home a little before 5 am =)

* Watched the finale of Survivor: Vanauatu which my sister taped for me since I missed it. Lots of shocks and surprises and as always, the final bit with the jury was entertaining. This is the part where our final two are held accountable for all the backstabbing, deceiving and lying that they did to get to where they are right now. I could feel Julie's pain at Chris' betrayal, and Eliza's demand for an apology was funny. I didn't like Twila and Chris so it didn't really matter who got the million dollars. I was originally rooting for Amy, and then Eliza afterwards. Yeah, she's a pain, but an adorable one (so I'm a sucker for clueless people, everybody knows that hehe). I finished a loaf of fruitcake while watching the show. That's one thing I can't get enough of every December - fruitcake!!!

* Met up with Wil, James, Matt, Aileen and Russ at Greenbelt. Wow, I'm starting to go out again. First, we went to Starbucks. I bumped into Erwin Conde, a former officemate. I missed that guy a lot, he was always so funny back at work. Afterwards, we watched a movie. As it's the Metro Manila Filmfest, we decided to watch a comedy - "So Happy Together." I wasn't happy watching it. Initially, it was funny, but after awhile it became too cheesy and sappy. It bored me. I couldn't wait for it to end.

* Ate at Cable Car with the same group, some of them played billiards, met up with Zeki and his buds. One of them, Dan, is into comics and gaming as well. Zeki is a good friend and former officemate who's into the same hobbies as me. That's very rare, as my hobbies have always been the subject of ridicule of some of my friends. They just don't understand the passion I possess for my games and my comics. These things make me happy. They don't hurt anyone, and I spend MY hard-earned money on these. I still set aside money for my family and for some bills, so whatever's left I think I deserve to use them on what I see fit. Hm. Here I am ranting and I'm sure no one would agree. Whenever someone slams my hobbies (childish, immature, magastos, luho, ang tanda mo na para diyan), it hurts. But I take the slam and just smile. But it hurts. One day, I'm leaving this planet behind and moving to Jupiter. Hah! Delusions brought about by my hobbies hehe. Anyways... Zeki and I used to talk a lot about the latest games & the coolest comics during our 15-minute breaks. I miss that, it reminded me of Tonichi and how after our shifts, we'd hit the malls for some comic shopping. So when Zeki and I saw each other, we just talked non-stop about Nintendo DS, and Hush, and a very funny anecdote at Filbars.

He went to Filbars Glorietta and asked for the latest issue of "Nightwing." Salesperson remarks "sir, wala na kame niyan. Gusto mo "Nightcrawler" na lang?

BWA-HA-HA! Yes, both their codenames begin with "Night" nga naman =)

* Videoke with the same group, Wil, Matt and I shared a crush from the opposite table. What got me? As usual... BRACES! And Wil noticed that our crush looked like my last ex. Speaking of Wil, I'm glad I get the chance to hang out with him again. We were very close half a decade ago, but everytime he'd get attached/committed, we'd lose contact. After every break-up, we'd comfort him and get to hang out together again. I missed going out at night and getting home at 4 or 5 in the morning. I missed being with my friends. I've been doing the loner shtick ever since Cathy, Popoy and Jonella left for the States. Ah, I took a psychological test some weeks back, and guess what came out: I'm an INTROVERT!!! I guess I really am an extroverted introvert. Like I always say, it's so easy to connect superficially, but when someone gets too close for comfort, I back away. No fucking way will I allow myself to be hurt again :)

Angst much, hehe.

* I've noticed that in a lot of blogs, there are some Christmas wish lists. Here's mine, from what I would want most being first on the list:

(1) Twilight Zone (80's) DVD Set
(2) Mummies Return DVD
(3) The Phoenix Saga DVD
(4) My crush who works at Citibank. At least let me know if I have a chance. That's all. Kung wala, oks lang.
(5) Animal Crossing Gamecube Cart
(6) Legend of Zelda Gamecube Cart
(7) Warioware Gamecube Cart
(8) Gamecube controllers
(9) Sentinel Mini-Bust
(10)Marvel Masterpiece Hardcovers

Today is the birthday of Yeng and Trixia's kid. It's a kiddie party at Jollibee. ALL MY FRIENDS ARE GETTING MARRIED AND HAVING KIDS NA, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home