Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Thursday, December 16, 2004

So What's Been Happening?

FPJ passed away the other day. It's sad, because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Susan Roces' press conference was a sad one as well, but though the pain was evident on her face, so was the strength. J De Venecia's 15 year-old daughter died in a fire too. Sigh.

Last weekend, we had an HR Teambuilding and Planning Session. Although everyone who really knows me know that I HATE going out-of-town, I had a great time! We rode in Mark's car (with Kay, Weng and Tata). We had a lot of fun, and we were laughing so hard that we missed our exit and overshot to Sta. Rosa, Laguna! I was also able to eat fish... the non-boneless variety! Yay me! The Sunday after, I had a "mini-reunion" at Tomas Morato with Wil, James, Kuya Rally and Matt. We were trying to cheer up Wil because he just came from a break-up. 4 years =(

We went to Trina's house for lunch because it was her birthday. I enjoyed the binagoongan (did I get it right? 1st time I tried I said binangonan, which turns out to be a place hehe) pork. It wuz really good!!! I think this is the first time I've tasted this. We also roasted marshmallows.

Last night, Alexa, Patrick and I went to Ronnie's house to celebrate his birthday. I'm glad that Pat and Ron have recovered their friendship. Since I rarely drink anymore, I just stayed in Ronnie's room with some of the other Assers and we watched "Wishing Stairs" (some Korean - I think - horror movie). It wasn't a good choice. Dragging.

Oh, prior to that, Popoy pulled a joke on me. HE'S BACK FROM THE STATES!!!!!!!! Yay! Popoy's one of my closest buds, and it was great seeing him again (although he had Chicken Pox). But I guess friendship means not being afraid of your buds, even if you have reason to fear them. KIDDING! hehehe. I'm done with pox anyways. So, he called my office and pretended to be an applicant. Going to the States does wonders for your command of the English language... I didn't even suspect that it was Popoy! He was speaking in straight English! We went to Galleria and I treated him at Piadina. Then he gave me his pasalubong - a Transformers toy... but not just any Transformer... he gave me UNICRON!!!!!!! A large, massive, kickass figure that looms over my other Transformers!!! IT WAS SO FUCKING COOL!!! And I also got my Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Gameplayer!!! I asked him to buy these for me since it was way cheaper in the States. I was so hyper!!! The pack included a free game - Mario Kart: Double-Dash! He also had Jonella's gift for me - a thick, hardbound X-Men book!!!!! Man, i love my friends. And why are most of them in the States already? =(

I haven't played the Cube yet, as I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I went on leave today as I knew Ronnie's party would not end 'till early AM. I just woke up haha. Later, I'm watching the last episode of Survivor: Vanuatu. Then I'm going to visit the Assers at UP, check out the closing sale of CCHQ, and then back to Makati for our Christmas dinner (work barkada).

Finally, early this morning I got to YM with Cathy and Jonella. I miss them so much. Last December, almost everyday I was out with my friends. Now... now it's just YM. But Popoy's here, so maybe we can round up some of the old gang. =)

Oh, and there's Jollibee now in Export Bank Plaza!!! I usually get Peach/Mango and Ube Macapuno Pocket Pies or a jolly hotdog and a strawberry shake but yesterday Kenny introduced me to the Fruit Salad Ice Craze. Saaaaawwwwwwwaaaaaapppppppppp! And Mia, thanks in advance for buying my monita's gift for me. I wouldn't know where to begin looking for blouses, and bags and other girl stuff hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home