Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Friday, January 07, 2005

COUNTDOWN

Been awake since 6:00pm of January 5. Stayed in the office for more than 24 hours. January 6 has been a long, very emotional and grueling day!

As the hours ticked closer to our team meeting, I began to become more nervous. During my break, I would pace back and forth, anxiously glancing at my watch. Finally, I went down to Jollibee to buy a pie of each kind, and hurriedly traveled to our other location.

Soon we had our meeting, and after that I was left with my immediate supervisor. It was hard to get the words out, harder still to explain the rationale behind those words. Not wanting to get too much into detail, all I can say is that it was a very difficult thing to do. I was teary-eyed. It broke my heart. I think it did hers as well. My mommy at work.

Then I rushed back to my homebase, little knowing that my closest teammates would find out a short while after. I was greeted by a barrage of text messages. I couldn't really concentrate as I was on a jeep and was on my way to a serious gathering. I felt so heavy.

After the meeting which solved a lot of problems, I started answering some of the messages. It was then that I told Bridget. She couldn't believe me. Some seconds later, she wouldn't believe me. I don't really know at what point she started to realize that I was telling the truth, but she started muttering "hindi ko ma-reconcile... hindi ko talaga kayang ma-reconcile."

We then went to Henlin for a late lunch and met up with Trina, Kay, Sharon and Haydee. Reactions were pretty mixed. One gave me the cold shoulder, which I knew was just lambing. One just came from crying. Another was pretending (I hope) to be mad. To escape, I said that I was going to order food. Good thing all of them had ordered already.

Back at the table, the grilling began. I answered honestly and said what I really felt and why I chose to do what I did. There wasn't any bad blood, the big bulk of it is that I was just too tired to continue. Working 12 hours daily wasn't fun at all.

Next, I went to the 14f to visit the boss of my boss, who used to be my boss back at my old company. It was really hard. She presented a very valid argument on why I should not leave. But that's logic. I wanna be illogical this time. I don't know why, it just felt right to believe that I was doing the right thing.

Next: my old workstation. There, I saw Weng, Dang, Gretch, Ryan and Eloise. Again, mixed reactions. Ryan's was the one that I appreciated the most.

I also went to the HR Dungeon and worked there for an hour or so. I missed that place. For the longest time, I lived in that Dungeon. First with Che and Tina, then alone, then with Luz, then alone again, then with Shiela, then alone, and finally with Ems. So many memories attached to that room. To the shredder. To the filing cabinets and the 201 files that I lovingly (haha) created. That was my favorite workstation of all.

At that very moment, I needed a hug =(

Anyways...

Weng, Dang...

Alam niyo na yun. Salamat =)

Sharon and I had a talk too (with Ron), and then we were joined by Trina. It was hard. Very hard. And sad. Very sad.

So that was my day. The countdown begins. And things will never be the same again... in 30 days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home