Toshi's Comix Bargain Basement

Comics from my personal collection, sold at really low prices!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper

Monday, January 03, 2005

Final Day of Freedom

Well, not really, as I hardly took a leave so I hardly had a break. Nevertheless, I made the most out of the 3-day break, especially yesterday, my final day of freedom from work.

I woke up late, at about 1pm, and Zeki asked if we were pushing through with our trek to Magallanes. I picked him up at Glorietta and we went to Druid's Keep. As I told Dan through text, we were like kids in a candy store! There were so many toys and comic books to choose from. I told Zeki that Dan would have enjoyed the store and he said not to influence the kid who wasn't even working yet. My bad, hehe.

Finally, after long minutes of browsing, I got a Nightwing Action Figure (HUSH Series 2) and Wonder Woman #99 (with a breathtakingly beautiful Brian Bolland cover of Hippolyta begging forgiveness from her daughter, a stone-faced Diana). Zeki got Hush Volume 1 TPB and Kingdom Come TPB. We each got a freebie as well - an AnimePop mini-comic. Felix, as always, was a very courteous and pleasant host. We also met Jay (a hardcore Basketball action figure fan), his wife (who collects Precious Moments collectibles) and their cute baby (I wonder what she'll end up collecting). Jay also showed us pictures of their room filled with customized shelves and glass cases. Astig! Now if I find a partner that shares my hobbies, it will be almost perfect!

Zeki and I were also excited about the "Return to the Age of Apocalypse" and "DC Countdown." Wonder whose body Batman was carrying. It was fun scanning through opened Wizard and Previews magazines.

Around this time, Weng also texted her plan to me. If it pushes through, I'm really, really x 100,000,000 going to miss her =(

We happily left Druid's Keep with our new stuff and went straight to Podium. We browsed through new Gamecube and GBA games and hit the new (?) toy store in one of the upper floors. Good thing I texted Parker who told me that the GBA carts were way overpriced. I bumped into Elbert, who's lucky to have what seems to be a dream job: "editor-in-chief" of Nautilus (sp?) Comics.

We then went to Megamall and I bumped into a former teacher, Atty. Avecilla. As usual, he had some funny anecdotes (Laxie) and jokes (Emy) to share. Some hours later, we met up with James, Matt, Aileen, Russ, Yssa and Rob. We ate at Sushiya (?) and Wil followed. Poor Russ did not get his order and decided to cancel it after long minutes of waiting. Although we offered our food to him, he had his "moment" (hehe) and stood up and left for a bit. The sad thing was that he was the hungriest of us all.

After eating, we stayed outside for a bit (the smokers smoked) before going back to Podium. We bumped into Nelson, a former classmate of mine in Spanish back in College, and it turns out that he knew who my other friends were. Then we went to the topmost floor of The Podium... and then went back down (labo).

We had dessert at Cafe Breton where Alvin T, Vincent, Nelson and Oliver followed. I also bumped into Erwin, and a former officemate and applicant, Ergoe. It was really cute as she was playing Scrabble at Starbucks with a friend, Ver.

Zeki and I, true to our dorky selves, kept singing Family Computer tunes. The rest "pretended" to look at us in a weird way, and Russ even joked that we needed a "pray-over." Soon after singing the Mappy theme song, Russ joined in. BUKING! He couldn't resist and started to sing-along! Yssa started to chime in and so did James. THERE REALLY IS A DORK IN EACH OF US, BWAHAHA!

Soon, Aileen's date picked her up, and we waited 'till midnight to greet Wil... it's his birthday today! Most of our wishes focused on his lovelife, and how we wanted him to meet someone who will love him and whom he will love in return. Then we all went home.

The adventure did not end there, as Zeki and I got lost in The Podium parking lot. We kept on looking for the car in Basement 3... turns out it was parked in Basement 4 hehehe. Sowwy, Zeki =)

Popoy wasn't able to join us as he had a "date" in Makati (dinner and a movie).

My crush was in my mind a lot of times today. I think tho that I'm in the process of removing my crush. I hope I become successful in doing so. Sigh. It's a pretty strong crush. It's like I wanna get to know the person more. But I shouldn't. So stop, Al.

Stop.

Before you get hurt.

Finally, happy birthday too, to one of the most important persons in my life...

before...

=)

1 Comments:

Blogger Assorted Nuts said...

Wow, great job with your "last day of freedom". At least you enjoyed it to the max.

About your ex-crush, well... it's gonna be hard but it's gonna be worth it. You wont be able to move and find someone who'll love you even more than you ever think you will. Besides, this is so cliche but love pops out unexpectedly. That's all I can give to you and a pat on the back *pat pat*. :)

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home